Linspeed - Gui Tool to Test Internet Speed on Linux Desktop
Linspeed is a lightweight open source gui based tool to test Internet download/upload speed directly from your linux computer's desktop. Just open it and click to begin a speed test. Tool have both 32 and 64 bit version of deb file to install.
You are welcome to fork linspeed on github.
1 ) Accurate Internet speed test thanks to SpeedOf.Me API
2) Wide range of themes in two sizes,
3) Copy able reports to share with your friends / ISP
Linspeed performs best on Ubuntu 12.04. It should run on all modern computers with i386 or amd64 architecture.
As with every network utility you will need access to the Internet to take advantage of Linspeed.
1) Choose the architecture that matches your system:
2) Download appropriate DEB package. You will find them on:
Linspeed 32bit and 64bit version is available on sourceforge
3) Double click on the DEB file you have downloaded. Ubuntu Software Center
4) Click Install. Wait a moment, the program is being installed right now.
It's ready. To find Linspeed click Ubuntu button (in upper-left corner of you screen) and type "Linspeed".
Linspeed's icon should appear – click it and enjoy!
Screenshots of linpseed themes are provided below. Its available in large and small size.
You can right click on the theme to view the reports if in case you want to keep for records or to pass values to third party.