In this tutorial I will teach you how to install Sublime Text in your linux machine. Sublime Text is a shiny text editor for code, markup and prose.
1. Download Sublime Text for linux.
2. Open a new terminal. If you use Ubuntu press CTRL + ALT + T on your keyboard and a terminal will show up.
3. After the download is finished cd to the place you saved the file.
4. Run ls to verify the file is there.
5. Use the tar utility to extract the content from the archive.
tar xf name_of_the_archive
6.cd to sublime text directory and run ls again.
7. Use the following command to run Sublime Text.