Do you have files that are wasting your disk space? What do you do when you're running low on disk space? Let me introduce you guys to the agedu utility that can be used to help you find out how much disk space is used in each directory and subdirectory. It produces helpful reports on which directories are taking up the most space and informs you about collections of data which have not been used for a long time.
Download And Install agedu In Your Linux Machine
Before installing the tool, you need to download it. You can download a unix source archive of agedu.If you are a passionate linux geek like me, open a new terminal and run the following command to download the agedu tool with the wget utility.
1. Uncompress the file.
2. Extract the content of the tar archive.
tar -xvf agedu-r9723.tar
3. Change directory.
4. Type the following command to compile and install.
sudo make install
How To Use agedu Tool
1. Do a scan of your home directory and build an index file with the following command.
agedu -s /home/oltjano
2. Query the index for reports of diskspace usage.
3. Open a new tab in your browser and type the following.