Dear ubuntu user,
This article is very important for you! Did you know that wifi passwords are not encrypted on Ubuntu systems? They are stored in clear text in a folder outside the home folder so they are accessible for unwanted users.
This issue has been reported and a Canonical developer has explained in the mailing lists how to fix it. Are you guys curious to know what causes this issue?
This issue is caused by the fact that 'Available To All Users' option is enabled by default. You can easily disable this option from the graphical user interface and everything will be fixed.
1. Go to the network indicator.
2. Click on Edit Connections.
3. Go to Wireless.
4. Select your Wireless Network Connection and click on Edit.
5. Untick Available To All Users option.
6. Click on Save and it is fixed.